Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our Pup Maverick!

So yesterday was a pretty scary day for me! I opened the back door to find my dog Maverick with a very swollen face and neck. He had a spot of dry blood on the top of his nose and I just knew it had to be a rattlesnake bite!!

I wasn't too sure what to do we have had animals bit before but Mav is a little smaller then our usual farm animals. After calling the Vet they said bring him straight in. My mom, dad and twin sister came straight to work to the animal hospital to be with me and Mav. Families are AWESOME!

The Vet suggested I leave him over night and they would start him on IV therapy along with steroids and antibiotics. I was pretty nervous about leaving him but knew he was in good hands. Last night I had a hard time sleeping. With Maverick and Morgan both gone the room was too quiet and still.

I took his blanket it to him this morning and they said the swelling was still pretty bad and that they would be monitoring him another 24 hours. Gosh another night without both of my BOYS!

I just hope he continues to do better and maybe tomorrow will be a better day!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sad! :( How is he doing? Did they ever figure out if it was in fact a rattlesnake bite? Poor baby!

    ReplyDelete