Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shaken not Stirred

Perhaps its because I am not permitted to have alcohol these precious months of pregnancy. But for some reason I find the phrase shaken not stirred relevant to my life right now.
As I look back on this past year and where I was a year ago today and then think on the year to come and where I could be this time next year. Well its enough to make me feel like I am part of a fun party drink that is currently being shaken around.

When I think of something being stirred I picture this smooth elegant motion that yes can be quite brisk but for the most part all elements are moving in the same direction....together.

Well that just isn't ME or my lil family in the making.

A year ago I was in Alaska. Getting ready for the cold weather to come and looking for a job to help with holiday expenses. LOVED LOVED LOVED my time in Alaska and miss the life we built there most days. Then we move to TEXAS which is wonderful but only to find out that Morgan would soon be deployed. Can I get a shaken anyone?

I find out that I am expecting a lil blessing not 3 weeks after Morgans departure day and I found myself that day and most days since then in SHOCK. Me a mommy. Those who know me well know that for years in high school and through college I didn't think I was the mommy "type".  See what happens when you fall in love with someone you want to share with them the scariest and the most joyful for moments that life can bring. Even though I have never been so far from my love, my best friend, my husband, I have never been closer. Feeling this miracle grow within me is a humbling and awing experience. Knowing that its a piece of Morgan with me always... is at times.....breathtaking.

Keep shaking!

Morgan knows with almost a 100% certainty that he will not be re-enlisting come next September. I have and always will support him in any decision he makes for himself and our lil family. But I am human and fear the unknown. With the Army it did require great sacrifice. But it also provided GREAT security. We knew we would be provided for and that there would be a roof over our heads. Now all I see is question marks. Where will we live? What will Morgan do? Will we stay in Texas? Will I need to work? Will there be a good pediatrician?

But I know this FACT. No matter where life takes us and how it shakes up as long as I have the love of my life and God as my compass. We will make it. And we will be Happy.

So to you, Morgan, love of my life, I go where you go, your people will be my people, and your God my God!


1 comment:

  1. I love that you quoted Ruth, to him! I keep that on Brian's mirror, so he never forgets!

    I'm proud of you, ya lil mixed drink. I love how you can always see God in stuff. And I'm so praying that he'll get you guys mixed up and let you just drink it in, soon.

    ReplyDelete